Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Few Recent Questions and Comments at Poetry Readings and Workshops


-       My child’s teacher has assigned a 25 page paper.  How do you feel about that?

-       What do you think of grammar?

-       Do you really think about every word [in a poem]?

-       Have you ever tried to write novels or real books?

-       I’m not buying your book.  I’m buying his book instead.  Yours looks good, but I’m not buying it.

-       Well, your reading was  . . . unexpected.

-       If I do write a poem, how much will I get paid for it?

-       That poem didn’t really take years to write, did it?

-       I’m thinking of buying one of your books for my husband.  He doesn’t really like poetry. Which one do you think I should get?

And finally a question that I felt comfortable answering.

-       I don’t think it’s poetry if it doesn’t rhyme.  What do you think of that?
-       I think you shouldn’t buy my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment